Personal information collected
TSS collects personal information to carry out its activities. The type of information collected includes name, address, email, phone number, delivery information and any other information that the Customer provides to TSS during interactions between them. If the Customer has an online account TSS will keep its login details and password.
In most instances, TSS collects personal information directly from the Customer such as:
- The information supplied when enquiring about or purchasing TSS’s services (by phone, in person or electronically), when the Customer interacts with TSS via phone, email, mail, TSS’s website, or when the Customer deals with TSS’s staff at TSS’s premises.
- When the Customer engages with TSS on social media (such as via Facebook or Twitter).
- When the Customer is present on any of TSS’s vehicles or planes or at TSS’s premises or surrounding areas TSS may collect images and video surveillance of the Customer and details such as age, height, gender and build.
- When visiting any of TSS’s websites TSS may collect the following information: the IP address, domain name, the date, time and duration of visits, the pages and documents accessed, the previous company site accessed (i.e. the referring URL), the type of browser being used..
- If there is an incident/accident while on TSS’s vehicles or planes or visiting TSS’s premises, TSS may ask the Customer to complete a Health and Safety form.
If TSS is unable to collect this information, it may not be able to provide the Customer with the services, or carry out a particular activity the Customer has requested or TSS is required to do.
Use of information
TSS collects personal information for the primary purposes of marketing, promoting, advertising, selling and delivering its services. In addition, TSS collect personal information:
- To improve and personalise the Customer’s experience with TSS, such as when the Customer is on one of TSS’s vehicles or at TSS’s premises, on-line or when otherwise interacting with TSS.
- To communicate with the Customer and answer any questions or provide information or advice.
- To undertake TSS’s administrative and operational functions and for fraud, loss and theft prevention activities.
- To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
- Investigate a breach of any of TSS terms and conditions or any suspected unlawful activity.
TSS will also use the Customer’s personal information for any purpose permitted by the Privacy Act or required by any other law.
If TSS is unable to collect personal information, TSS may not be able to carry out the specific activity or task, such as provide the products or services as requested.
3.2 How TSS shares the Customer’s personal information
- TSS’s employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary for them to carry out their duties/obligations. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, research agencies, lawyers and business advisors.
- Suppliers of products and services for delivery purposes.
- Any person where TSS is required or permitted by law to disclose information. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within New Zealand in connection with law enforcement activities and emergency services.
TSS requires any third party to protect personal information against any unauthorised use, access or disclosure in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Cookie information and browsing history is also shared with third parties.
How the Company hold personal information
TSS holds the Customer’s personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. When TSS receives information electronically TSS retains this information in its computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions. Information received in hard copy (commonly paper) is normally retained in TSS’s files and a copy may be made to TSS’s electronic files.
TSS may use third-party service providers to store the Customer’s personal information and provide the Company with services. This means that TSS may transfer personal information, or access it from, countries other than New Zealand.
TSS recognises that it is accountable for the Customer’s personal information wherever it is in the world and the Company will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third-party service providers TSS uses can meet TSS’s privacy and security expectations.
TSS retains the Customer’s information for as long as TSS needs to carry out the purposes of collection, or longer if TSS is required to by law.
TSS uses industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect all personal information. This includes taking reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or unauthorised disclosure.
Wherever TSS’s personal information is stored, TSS takes reasonable steps to ensure that it is protected against loss or unauthorised access, modification, use or disclosure. For example:
- TSS’s systems are protected by firewalls and modern encryption standards.
- TSS’s systems are password protected, and access is monitored and audited.
- All employees are required to adhere to IT and security related policies.
- Access to the personal information TSS stores is limited to those staff members who have a legitimate business requirement to use it.
- TSS makes privacy and information security training available to employees.
- TSS has a data breach management procedure in place.
- Information is backed up regularly, and backups are encrypted and held in secure storage facilities.
Cookies and identifiers
- To keep track of services viewed, so that TSS can send directly or through third party service providers, information and advertising about those services, or other similar related or services TSS thinks may be of interest.
- To measure traffic patterns, to determine which areas of TSS’s website have been visited, and to measure transaction patterns, produce data of web traffic and Customer web activity through the website;
- To research and analyse habits so that TSS can improve its services and online content and customise this to individuals.
- To operate TSS’s website efficiently with a high level of functionality.
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives, measure the number of advertising referrals TSS has received to its website from other websites.
TSS also allows third parties to place cookies and other identifiers on TSS’s website to collect information on the Customer’s browsing history. The third parties use the information for marketing or advertising purposes and to display customised or targeted promotional, marketing or advertising material on the website and on other websites or social media sites that the Customer visits. Currently third parties include Google Analytics and Facebook
TSS supplies cookie information (from the Customer’s browser) about the Customer’s browsing history on the website to the following remarketing providers (current as at the date of this Privacy Notice and may change from time): Facebook and Google.
Opting out from cookies, analytics and remarketing
The Customer may modify the Customer’s browser settings to accept or decline cookies. The Customer may also go to www.allaboutcookies.org or to www.aboutads.info/choices for instructions on how to disable cookies. If the Customer chooses to configure the Customer’s computer so that it disables cookies or does not accept them, the Customer may not be able to make full use of the Company’s website.
The Customer can opt out of remarketing, here opt out of the DoubleClick cookie and double-check the Customer’s Facebook Adverts settings
Links to other websites and services
TSS’s website may contain links to other sites which TSS does not administer. These are provided solely for the convenience of visitors. TSS is not responsible for the content of these websites or how the Customer’s personal information will be handled. TSS is not liable in respect of any of these linked websites.
Accessing and correcting the Customer’s personal information
Please contact TSS for access to the personal information RSS may hold about the Customer or if the Customer would like TSS to update or correct it. TSS may require further information to assist the retrieval of information and or verify the Customer’s identity and reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for gaining access.
TSS will handle any request in accordance with the relevant privacy regulations. Generally, if requested TSS will amend any personal information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If TSS is not able or unwilling to provide access to any personal information or to correct any personal information held by TSS, TSS will provide reasons for declining to do so.
Enquiries on how to access personal information can be emailed to:
Any concerns that TSS may have breached its privacy obligations or to make a complaint please contact TSS. If the Customer makes a complaint, TSS will endeavour to respond and resolve it promptly. For more information about privacy generally, or if the Customer’s compliant is not resolved to the Customer’s satisfaction, the Customer may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.org.nz and on (04) 474 7590.